Dr Alexander Wright
I an a Senior Research Engineer at the Wolfson Unit MTIA within the School of Engineering Sciences, concentrating upon the integration of experimental and computational results into a useful source of information within the research and development phase of a project.
Recent projects that I have worked on include -
- Ecover 3 IMOCA 60
- Camper / TNZ Volvo Ocean 70
- Equipment development for Great Britain Olympic track cycling squad
- CFD analysis of wing sails
- CFD analysis of towed underwater bodies
- CFD modelling of wind turbines
I am currently developing a 'Virtual Wind Tunnel' in collaboration with a sail manufacturer, automating the process of computing RANS CFD solutions, allowing non-expert use of large computational resources and state of the art computational models with a quick turn around time.
Simulation software: OpenFOAM
Transdisciplinary tags: Design