Workshop 25th February 2011 11 a.m. Pickavance Lecture Theatre at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton
Status and Challenges of Simulation and Computation for Accelerators
- Web page
- Monte Carlo
- Petrina Butler
We invite you to attend our forthcoming workshop for the IOP Particle Accelerators and Beams Group.
‘The Status and Challenges of Simulation and Computing for Accelerators’
- will include ten talks by UK researchers and a guest talk from the author of GPT, Bas van de Geer of Pulsar Physics, Netherlands.
- Overview of the field: Chris Prior – Astec
- 3D Modelling of ALICE Injector: Boris Militsyn – Daresbury, Cockcroft
- Finite Element Analysis for Linac4: Dan Faircloth – RAL, CERN
- The BDSIM Code: Graeme Blair – JAI, RHUL
- The Serpentine Code: S Malloy ‐ RHUL
- Start‐to‐end Simulations for Fourth Generation Light Sources: Peter Williams – Daresbury
- 3D Parallelised FEL Model: L T Campbell – Glasgow
- Collective Instabilities in Tracking Codes: R Bartolini ‐ Diamond
- Beam Dynamics in EMMA: Y Giboudot ‐ Brunel University, Uxbridge
- Simulations of ISIS and Upgrades: Dean Adams – RAL,ISIS
- Guest speaker from Computational Physics: The General Particle Tracer Package: Bas van de Geer – Pulsar Physics
The workshop will be held in the Pickavance Lecture Theatre at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton on Friday 25th February, from 11am to 5pm. Refreshments will be provided, lunch can be purchased from the RAL restaurant.
Available nearby at Ridgeway House: http://www.stfc.ac.uk/About%20STFC/54.aspx.
Free for both IOP members and non-members, and can be done here: https://www.eventsforce.net/iop/156/register
Bryan Jones email@example.com
Ben Pine firstname.lastname@example.org
ISIS Accelerator Division, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, OX11 0QX