Project Manager, High Performance Computing Wales
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING WALES
Role: Project Manager
Reports to: HPC Wales Finance Director
High Performance Computing Wales (HPC Wales) is a £40 million five-year project to give businesses and universities involved in commercially focused research across Wales access to the most advanced and evolving computing technology available.
HPC Wales is a partnership between Welsh Government and the Higher Education Institutes in Wales who have established a Special Purpose Vehicle and Limited Company to deliver the project.
HPC Wales will invest in state-of-the-art computing technology, infrastructure and facilities on a pan-Wales basis, high level skills development and training and provide tailor made support services to business.
The availability of this technology is set to have a major impact on the Welsh economy, on business competitiveness, on innovation, high value R&D in higher education institutions and skills development.
HPC Wales are recruiting a Project Manager to be based at Ty Menai, Bangor on a fixed term contract until 31st May 2015.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project manages the overall HPC Wales project
- Responsible for developing, implementing and tracking the project management processes for individual projects running on the HPC Wales systems
- Responsible for designing, implementing and operating a system to track the project outputs against the WEFO plan and leads the liaison with WEFO
- Responsible for monitoring the overall progress against plan for the HPC Wales project by tracking against milestones and outputs and initiating appropriate escalation steps when needed
- Tracking the impact of escalation steps to ensure that issues are resolved
- Liaising and interacting with the executive team to ensure that project resources are used efficiently for the delivery of project outputs
- Responsible for initiating and executing externally facing activity to represent and promote the project to potential collaborators/partners and potential future funding sources
- Preparing and presenting reports on the status of the project for the HPC Wales executive team and the board
The list of duties is not meant to be exhaustive, but merely an indication of the main areas of activity for this post. It may be amended or added to at the discretion of the line manager with other duties commensurate with the function and salary, following consultation with the post-holder.
Please submit your application by the 26 September 2011 to the following:
Parc Menai Business Park